PTK @YCCC Beta Lambda Rho Chapter
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
Our Mission Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service programming.
YCCC has an active PTK chapter. The chapter participates in many service-learning and philanthropic activities.
What are the benefits?
"The benefits are listed on the website, however this program is more than the list. It gives you an arena to shine in; you are a wonderful student and deserve the recognition. This program has created opportunities for me that amaze me everyday. Being an active member on campus helps bring attention to your hard work and that can open doors to scholarships. I love this program but it's worth boils down to what you want to put into it." - Nicole Boucher, PTK President 2015-2016
- PTK is noted on your official transcript
- Inclusion in the YCCC Beta Lambda Rho chapter's scholarship and service projects and events with the goal of developing leadership and team building skills
- Invitation to the YCCC Induction Ceremony in the spring
- The privilege of wearing PTK regalia at graduation
- Membership pin, membership certificate, and identification card
- Regional, national, and international honor society resources at www.ptk.org
- Scholarships designated exclusively for PTK members, especially at bachelor degree institutions
- Active members can receive letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment