About New Student Orientation : Coyote Connections
It is strongly encouraged of new students and encouraged for those students who are coming back to YCCC after a long break. NSO sessions occur just before the start of each semester (fall, spring, summer).
NSO sets students up for success as they begin their education at YCCC. Data shows that students who attend NSO not only progress to graduation more successfully, but their overall GPAs are higher.
At NSO you will:
- meet key staff members and resources
- meet other new students
- chat with faculty
- receive an introduction to YCCC electronic communication tools
- learn the basics of utilizing Blackboard
- understand the role of advising in your student success
- get acquainted with campus safety and student involvement options
- receive a YCCC thumb drive loaded with the Student Handbook and New Student Guidebook
Sign-Up! *Click HERE to register
SPRING 2017:2 options!
For all students beginning (or returning after a long break) at YCCC in the winter/spring.
- Tue 1/10 1:00-4:00
- Thu 1/12 4:00-7:00
Please contact NSO Coordinator, Deidre Thompson, for more information: 207-216-4414 or firstname.lastname@example.org