ETC Certification Course
Click Here to Register
Start Date: August 19th - 23rd
M-F 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
YCCC Wells Campus, Room TBD
Have an interest in a working environment where no two days are ever alike? Do you enjoy being a part of the solution regarding the betterment of your community? Then the Emergency Telecommunicator Course may be just what you need.
The ETC program is designed and produced by the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch (NAED). The course (40 hours) is designed to train new employees unfamiliar with emergency communication centers.
The program takes an approach that features an interactive classroom and hands-on training.
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Emergency Telecommunicator
- Emergency Telecommunication Technologies
- Telecommunication Essentials
- Interpersonal Communication
- Caller Management
- Police Call Classification
- Fire Call Classification
- Medical Call Classification
- Man-Made and Natural Catastrophic Events
- Radio Broadcast Procedures
- Legal Aspects of Public Safety Communication
- Quality Improvement
- Stress Management