The following information is intended for new students who have not logged in for the first time. See the below section if you have already done these steps.
Before you can log into any of your YCCC services (Brightspace, the my.yccc portal, etc), you need to change your starting temporary password. To download these steps in a PDF, click here. The ID number used in your temporary password is your YCCC ID number. If you do not know what that is, please contact Student Services at (207) 216-4402.
Starting Login Information for New Students
Steps to Change Your Temporary Password
- Using your username and temporary password, you need to log into your YCCC email account by going to this page: https://mail.yccc.edu/owa.
Make sure the page that comes up looks like the below image, as this is the only page that will let you reset your temporary password.
- Enter your username and temporary password into the appropriate text fields on this page, and click sign in.
- You should now see a message that says your password has expired and needs to be changed. Fill out the text fields on this page as follows:
- Username: your username
- Current password: your temporary password you used in step 2.
- New password: a new password for your account that meets the below requirements.
- Confirm new password: the same password you entered in the new password field.
- Minimum requirements for new passwords:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- At least one capital letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- at least one number
- Cannot contain character patterns of 3 charatcers or more that match your username (for example, my username is ybhall, I cannot use hall in my password).
- Must be different that the last 6 passwords you have used.
- Click submit. You should now be able to log into all of your YCCC services using your username and new password.